Download this template to help you gather tax information for your C Corporation, S Corporation, or Partnership.

Some information you will need includes:

  • Your entity information, such as business code, start date, incorporation date
  • Principal Shareholders or Partners and their Tax ID numbers
  • If this is your first year of existence:
    • A copy of the state incorporation or partnership agreement
    • A copy of the letter received from the IRS after filing SS-4 showing Entity EIN number & official name
    • If an S-Corp, the filed IRS Form 2553 - Election, & a copy of IRS acceptance letter allowing S-Corp status

Collect all documents that apply to your business:

  • Asset additions and changes
  • Notes, Loans, and mortgages held either in assets or liabilities
  • Capital/Cash contributions to the business by shareholders or partner
  • Capital/Cash distributions to shareholders or partners
  • Non-standard contributions or distributions
  • Employer and officer payroll information
  • Final Bank statement or bank reconsolidation showing cash in a bank
  • Real property loan and real estate information
  • If the business employed independent contractors or made payments to unincorporated services/suppliers, provide copies of the 1099-Misc issued.
  • If any shareholders or partners are residents of states not where the business is located or reside outside the US, provide details. There may be withholding requirements.
Female businesswoman counting finances using calculator in small shop